G.T.N. ARTS COLLEGE, DINDIGUL
HISTORY OF THE COLLEGE
G.T.N. Arts College was established in the year 1964 by G.T.Narayanasamy Naidu Charity Trust and the foundation stone was laid by Honorable Sri.M.Bakthavtsalam, the then Chief Minister of Government of Madras. Our College is a 53 years old educational institution; it has achieved many milestones with a clear vision and high objectives in the educational map of Dindigul. Our College facilitates the youth to realize their greatest potential and enable them to shine in chosen field.
G.T.N Arts College is the co-educational institutional aided by Government of Tamilnadu and affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University, the college is accredited by NAAC with B Grade and recognized by UGC under section of 12 B and 2(f) status which strives to impart quality education. The college is conferred with autonomous status by UGC, New Delhi in 2017.
The college has modern infrastructure and the necessary facility to maintain high academic standards and the institution has the unique honour of being acclaimed as one of outstanding educational institutions in Madurai Kamaraj University. We are offering 15 UG, 06 PG, 03MPhil and 05 Research programmes at our college. Over last 53 years, we are leader in bagging the University Ranks and our students have obtained 17 University Ranks in the previous academic year.
Our G.T.N College is located in a greenery atmosphere, with Sirumalai Hills, Western Ghat, at its backdrop on the Dindigul – Karur Highway.
Perspectives and Practices
- Developing Career oriented academic programmes in the emerging fields.
- Initiating a zeal for continuous learning.
- Participative Classroom Activity.
- Befitting the millennial expectations.
- Instilling the social responsibility.
- Inculcating the respect for morals and ethics.
- Use of the modern principles of educational technology and computer oriented instructions.
- Remedial classes for the academically weaker students and challenging task assignments to advanced level students.